Thursday, February 21, 2008

Hrithik's trance dance in 'Jodhaa Akbar' lauded by one and all

Looks like Hrithik's dedication to his craft is paying him rich divedends. His trance dance in 'Jodhaa Akbar' has been widely appreciated and a person no less than Amitabh Bachchan has said "not since Stanley Kubrick's legendary sci-fi '2001: A Space Odyssey' in 1968 had there been such an apocalyptic moment in a film". Now comparing his scene to Stanley Kubrick's movie is a great achievement and is a great pat on the back for Hrithik. He was told that it was moment when Akbar connects with divinity. So it was critical he portrayed a man connecting with God and obviously it has worked well.

Hrithik Roshan said, "I joined the singers to dance with one hand pointing towards heaven, which was receiving the divine gift, while my other hand pointed to the ground, which meant I was connecting the gift received from divinity to people down below. I was the medium, the recipient of divine communication'. Well, I was going to catch the epic movie as it is as I am a huge fan of Ashutosh Gowariker, but now it looks like I also have a scene of the century to look forward to.

No comments: